As you may know, my parents are very active. I spent my childhood camping, climbing and hiking in the Sierra Nevada Mountains. Because of my parents (especially my Dad) love of rock climbing, he was a Patagonia fan from inception. My Dad's love of the outdoors rubbed off on me, as did his love for Patagonia, or "Patagucci" as many affectionately call it.
And now, Andrew has joined the fun, and loves Patagonia possibly even more than I do. We have a goal to go to every Patagonia store together, just for fun. His favorite so far is the Cardiff store, because they carry a lot of the surfing products. While I love the San Francisco store, but also have found some incredible buys at the Reno Outlet location.
To many, it's just another mountaineering brand, no different from any other. But to me, I can't help but smile when I put on one of my favorite jackets, and remember a time I wore it on hiking up Mt. Whitney, or on top of Lembert Dome. There's a history there, which I think is what makes the company special. There is a common mindset among Patagonia customers, that has created a unique little community.
So just for fun today, I thought I'd share some of Andrew and my favorite items of Patagonia gear. Perfect for a Christmas wishlist, or to have on hand for last minute trips to Tahoe this winter. You can never have too many jackets! (That's my Dad's philosophy that I follow strictly).
These are some of my favorite items in my closet. I am always cold, so I could not live without these jackets. I wear them all.the.time.
- The R1 Pullover: Mine is a few years old, but it's similar. I love this thing, it's perfect when you don't need too much warmth. And it's cozy, sometimes I just wear it around the house.
- Down Sweater Hoodie: This is THE best jacket. I got it last year for Christmas and I bet I've worn it at least 200 times. In San Francisco, you can count on the cool, foggy weather and Andrew and I seem to live in a wind tunnel where it's 10 degrees colder than other areas of the city. You can find us wearing our downs most evenings when we take Louis on a walk.
- Synchilla Zip Up: My Synchilla is about 14 years old, and they no longer make the same one. But I love it. It was one of the first Patagonia Jackets I picked out myself, and I still wear it all the time. It's a testimate to the quality of their products, it looks brand new.
- Down Sweater Vest: This is probably my most-worn Patagonia item. It's cute, and fits great, and will keep you very warm. It's been on countless hiking and camping trips, as well as weekend walks around San Francisco.
- Sadly, they no longer make one of my most favorite pieces. It's a black, fitted, full zip that is perfect to throw on over my gym clothes. I thought I lost it when I moved to San Francisco (I may or may not have overreacted slightly), thankfully I found it. But they should really make them again. It's a thick, spandex-type material that is perfect for runs or just added warmth heading to and from the gym.
1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6
These are Andrew's most worn Patagonia items!
And some of the things currently on my wish list! Lucky for me, I've collected quite a few items over the years, and I don't really need anything else. But I wouldn't mind one of their new plaid flannels or a cozy pullover jacket like this. Because like I said, you can never have too many jackets!
Andrew's wish list is a bit longer. He's trying to make up for lost time!
And here's a Patagonia theme #TBT for you....
|Patagonia Dad and Daughters|
Wish we still had this jacket for Phillip to wear. It had a little thermometer on the zipper!
|Doing my part to keep the Yosemite Valley floor clean|
So there you have it, my love for Patagonia is exposed!