A couple weeks ago I saw this fun post based on the San Francisco’s 7×7 magazine column named “We Wanna Be Friends with” where they pick an interesting local and ask them the same questions each week. So I thought it would be fun to play along. Here are my answers to their questions…
1. What neighborhood do you currently call home? Would you ever move or are you happy in your ‘hood?
We live in the Laurel Heights area. We'll never move because we have such an awesome deal on our apartment (2 bedrooms!) but if I could move our apartment to a different neighborhood, I'd love to live in Cow Hallow or Russian Hill. We're a little further away from all the action than I'd like. I'd love to be able to walk to a variety of shops, restaurants, Crissy Field, and other parks.
2. What’s your hands-down, absolute favorite thing to eat in SF?
Andrew and I eat at home for almost every meal. But when we do eat out, I love trying new places. My list of "must try" restaurants in the city keeps getting longer and longer. There are a few awesome brunch options, and my favorite dinner spot for nostalgic reasons is Scomas, which you can read more about here.
3. What’s your perfect night on the town?
One of my favorite SF activities is going to Giants games! Saturday night games with friends are the best. We usually stop for a drink before heading into the park to watch the game. Another favorite evening would be going to one of the many restaurants on my list for dinner and cocktails with friends. Every so often all the girls get together for dinner and we always seem to stay for hours chatting and laughing together. But most nights you'll find Andrew and I at home making dinner together and watching a movie.
4. When you need a low-key afternoon, where do you go for down time
We love to go on long walks in the city. Sometimes we'll drive down to Sports Basement in the Presidio to park (and shop a little) then walk along Crissy Field towards the bridge, or we'll walk to a nearby park and relax with Louis. Something outdoors to take advantage of our beautiful city!
5. What’s your favorite place to go on a day trip from the city?
North Bay. We love driving up to Marin to go for a hike on Mt. Tamalpias or over on Hill 88. Or a little further north to Sonoma & Napa County for an afternoon of wine tasting!
6. Quick-fire round
Burrito or Burger? Burrito
Presidio or Golden Gate Park? Presidio. We can walk over from our house.
BiRite or Mitchell’s? Clearly I need to go get some ice cream, I haven't been to either place! *edited to add: I had Mitchell's today at a work party and it was delicious!!
Bike or MUNI? Neither? I drive to work, but take the bus sometimes to get around the city.
Fort Mason or Dolores Park? For Mason. This is making me feel like a bad San Franciscan, I've never been to Dolores Park. I need to get out more.
The Independent or the Fillmore? The Fillmore. I used to come down to shows when I was in college.
Baker Beach or Ocean Beach? Ocean Beach. Andrew surfs here and I love running on the beach with my friend Courtney.
7. Three words that describe your life in SF? Busy. Friends. Fun. This was such a fun post. I love San Francisco, so it was fun answering questions about my favorite place! One thing I did learn was that I need to get out more, I feel like there is so much this city has to offer and I should be taking advantage of it more. I need to add a few more items to my San Francisco Bucket List! Andrew and I tend to be home bodies, so we should start making more of an effort to get out and enjoy all the parks, restaurants and activities! PS I was hoping to have a fun World Series post for you today, but looks like that will have to wait! It was a rough game last night, but I have a good feeling will get 'em tonight!! Go Giants!