The lovely Stephanie tagged me in a fun little post called Eleven Questions. I was so happy she tagged me and thought it was the perfect way to jump back into blogging after an unintentional two week break! I'm ready to be back at it, so here it goes...
1. What was your favorite cartoon growing up?
If you can believe it, we didn't have cable until I was going in to high school, so I didn't spend too much time watching TV. No single cartoon stands out, but I do remember watching The Smurfs and Scooby Doo at my Grandma's house.
2. If you could live anywhere in the world for just one year, where would you choose?
This is an easy question. Italy. I think anywhere in Tuscany, a small village where I could learn the language and become part of the community. On weekends, I would travel all around Europe. I try to convince Andrew we should do this all the time, he hasn't agreed...yet
3. Who (or what) inspires you the most?
This is a tough one. But at the moment I will say my Dad. This weekend we were home visiting my parents. My Dad recently had a bunch of his old slides and pictures made into digital files and was showing them to us. He has pictures from traveling all over the world; hiking, climbing, & camping. The Abraham Lincoln quote: "It's not the years in your life but the life in your years." comes to mind. Andrew and I were talking about how we want to live our lives not just content in our little "corner" of the bay area, but to travel all over and have new experiences and meet new people.
4. What accomplishment are you most proud of?
I'm proud my myself for moving to San Francisco. It was scary leaving the comfort of my small town filled with friends and family and my great job in Sacramento. I went against the advice of nearly everyone important in my life. But, I followed my gut and knew my desire for adventure (see above) was worth the risk. And I knew, I could always move back if it didn't work out. It turned out to be one of the greatest decisions I've ever made. Plus, it led me to start this blog, something else I'm proud of.
5. What advice would you give your 16-year old self?
5. What advice would you give your 16-year old self?
Don't try to grow up too fast. At 16, all I could think about was graduating high school, hurrying off to college and starting a career. I wish I took the time to enjoy being young and carefree. Soak it up a bit more and enjoy each stage for what it was. Don't get me wrong, I had a great time in High School, but I was always looking ahead rather than living in the moment.
6. What super power would you most like to have?
Teleportation. That way, we could go visit our families easily anytime! It would make traveling much easier, faster, and cheaper! :)
7. What is your favorite junk food item (you know, the one you definitely shouldn't eat but you just can't resist)?
Do I have to pick just one? - I'm not the girl who craves candy and sweets. I LOVE cheese, in mass amounts. Like, don't leave me alone with a wedge of brie and a baguette. And I can't resist Mac n' Cheese or Nachos either (see everything involves cheese)!
8. What is your hidden talent?
I'm not sure if I have a hidden talent. I can't even roll my tongue or whistle! But I am really crafty, so I guess that's something? I wish I had a better answer for this one, I'm so boring!
9. What is the weirdest thing you believed as a child?
Hmmm...the first thing that comes to mind is a trick my sister played on me. We loved the movie Steel Magnolias at our house. My sister and I can both quote the entire thing, I couldn't even tell you how many times I've seen it. We always relate things back to the movie. Anyways, my sister told me that Julia Roberts had to die to film that movie! (Spoiler, her character dies). And of course I believed anything my big sister told me. So I thought, if an actor dies in a movie, they die in real life too. Kind of a mean trick, sister! I'm so gullible.
10. If you won the lottery tomorrow, what are the first three things you'd do?
Invest. Travel. Buy a house.
11. Beach or Mountains?
Mountains. Hands down. I love being in the mountains hiking, camping, & exploring. I love the crisp, clean mountain air, it's so peaceful and beautiful. The trouble is, Andrew loves the ocean. Luckily he also loves the mountains. But I guess we better find somewhere in between.
The rules say I need to tag eleven other bloggers to play along with a new set of questions. So I'm tagging: Kasey, Chantal, Cara, Laura, Erin, Kathleen, Kristin, Brooke, The Lane, Amanda and Brandi.
1. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
2. What is your most prized possession?
3. What is the best vacation you've ever taken? Why?
4. What did you do last weekend?
5. Do you remember your dreams?
6. If there was a movie made about your life, what actor would you want to play you?
7. Where is your favorite place to travel to?
8. What is the best dish you make? (bonus: add a link to the recipe)
9. What is your favorite room in your home? Why?
10. If you could have lunch with a famous person, who would it be?
11. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card if you never had to pay it off?
Let me know if you decide to participate, I can't wait to read your answers! :)